Sunday, June 3, 2012

First Light-Rising Sun by Jean Rush

Overview by B&N


After Jacob’s decision to follow the Cullens to Alaska, Leah’s world begins to spiral out of control. While attempting to create a life for herself outside of La Push, an unplanned reunion with the Cullens reveals the dark secret which has haunted her since the confrontation with the Volturi. This is the exciting conclusion to First Light – An Unauthorized Sequel to the Twilight Saga.

**
Every immortal here turned to stare at me. Aro’s expression was a mixture of surprise and concern. It was now certain that I would die on this island too.
If Jacob had found a way to phase again, maybe I could too. I pushed my feelings to one side and let the anger and heat rush through me, focusing it down my spine. Come on, Leah. You can do it, I told myself. I had to find the wolf again, and quickly. Jacob needed me, more than ever, and I would not let him down.
Just as my body started to rip into its new form, Aro returned his attention to Demetri who was still holding Jacob. “Now, Demetri,” he commanded. “Kill him now.”

Review by the Bookworm

Let's start this out by saying, this is what is called, "fanfiction."  It is not written by Stephanie Meyer so do not expect it to be.

The characters are a bit off from the true characters, but that is to be expected.  There are minimal errors and that's a massive plus in my book. 

It was clever of the author to use characters that were hardly explored in the original writtings, so it kept all the other stuff to a minimum also.

Now...the book is coming from the views of Leah and Renesmee.  Leah imprints on Demitri which is implausable for her.  And totally unlikely for that character, but it works in this story.  I can't ruin it for you, and  you will have to be the judge of the rest of the book.  Just check it out and make you own opinions.  Whether you are a Twilight fan or not, you should enjoy the book.  Just remember it is NOT by the author of the Twilight books.  Good for just a light, non serious read.

No comments:

Post a Comment