Sunday, September 2, 2012

Review of Lucy and The Letter Eaters by Alisia Compton

Overview By B&N

The small town of Whiskey Falls is still reeling from a tragic accident that claimed the lives of a local resident and his infant daughter. The town is unprepared for the force of evil that has stepped down on their soil and the unlikely heroes who must stand against it. The perfect, god-like-in-status group of jocks that rule Whiskey Falls high, The Letter Eaters, does not tolerate imperfection and Lucy Bennett is not perfect.

Lucy can dream the future, but she has no idea why. She meets Cole, a handsome young man with mesmerizing blue eyes, a fast car and a dark profession. Cole is the darkness that surrounds you when you die. He is the eternal, immortal Angel of Death and he can’t hide his passion for Lucy. Not only are the two drawn to each other, but his sudden appearance in town sets off events that will reveal the real reason why The Letter Eaters torment Lucy. Moreover, the events will ultimately change the lives of Lucy, Cole and the rest of the Whiskey Falls residents forever.

Review by the Bookworm

Odd, few punctuation and writing errors.  But I can not say that it was one of my favorites.  I kept wanting Lucy to stand up for herself instead of letting the Letter eaters push her around.  The ending was slightly surprising, which was a definate pleasure. 

I do recommend the book, but not for ages under 15 or so.  I believe it could cause a few nightmares to freshmen! LOL

1 comment:

  1. Awww. Thanks. I love this review. I understand being out of commission sometimes. I haven't written a post on my blog in a couple weeks. Lucy and The Letter Eaters was my first novel. I have since improved and am planning to edit this novel to fix the errors mid-way through. My novel Twelve: After Midnight has opened to much higher praise and can be downloaded free here: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/twelve-alisia-compton/1111815639?ean=2940033276103

    ReplyDelete